&drama2; Guilty Gear Drama CD
side red & side blackAnother drama CD released following the next game of XX. This is a must-listen for all Guilty Gear fans - a different side story with plenty of things we never get from the games. Including: (1) for once, a in-depth look of the Crusades from Ky's perspective, (2) undiscovered information including Justice and Dizzy, I-No and That Man, (3) evidence that Sol and Ky's relationship is more than hatred, (4) a cute short stories on how Zappa got cursed and Dizzy meeting Testament again after she is now part of the Jellyfish Pirates, of course (5) what happens if Ky ever died.
It contains 2 discs, though each track is no longer than a couple of minutes as compared to the last CD. There are two arcs: one before the battle of Rome where Ky dies, in which he meets I-No, and of course, quarrels with Sol when he was still working in the Order. The second part is the years after Ky's death, where Sol doesn't leave the Order, and in fact, fulfills Ky's last will and testament to be the new danchou. The war is far from over, and instead of dealing with Justice, her daughter Dizzy has stepped up to the plate. I-No however, has her own agenda to fill...
In the first arc:
- The Seikishidan - the last hope for mankind. Ky is already the danchou at this moment. One knight barges in to report that a distress signal was received asking for help... but ended abruptly. Ky assembles specific units for battle, but Sol ignores his orders and moves head-on.
- Ky clears the area of Gears, though was unable to rescue anyone. He orders a search party to locate any survivors. Sol ridicules him to be more realistic and not trying "to be a hero". One officer informs Ky that a woman is still alive, and Ky prepares for medical backup. Sol senses the woman's potential power (After all, if she lives while everyone else is dead, and the Gears around have already been injured, wouldn't you be suspicious?) and interrogates her - until Ky intervenes. I-No is under the Order's care as she is taken along on the airship for recovery and questioning.
- Possibly hours later, we see (er, hear) Ky in his room, enjoying a cup of tea with a fellow officer, whom informs Ky of the progress back to Paris (HQs is in Paris - remember Ky and Sol's stage in the games?). He notes how bothered Ky has been since Sol recently sneered at him and questions out of concern. We see a different of the ever-so confident Ky - with regrets. Ky is wondering what Sol said about him trying to "be a hero" was true. He looks back at his actions and points out the flaws. The officer actually disagrees with Ky, and reminds him that the purpose of the Order isn't just victory, but to save every last soul - no matter how small the effort is. Ky is stunned, but thankful for the lesson. As the officer leaves, Ky murmurs his last words. "The last hope of... mankind..."
- Ky is alarmed when he hears warning signals. He assumes there it is a Gear attack at the medical quarters, until one officer mutters Sol's name. Rushing to the scene, he finds Sol brandishing his sword over the poor woman who was taken in. The officers are ordered to arrest Sol and lock him up for now. Ky apologizes to the woman named I-No, who thanks Ky for saving him. He is flustered by her use of sexual appeal (See, the boy does has his hormones!) and departs from the room.
- Ky worries on how he should deal with Sol. One officer, however, stands a bit for his defense by mentioning of the strange power of I-No. Surprisingly enough, Ky is perfectly aware of her provoking Sol. He only locked Sol up for using a direct approach and not informing him about it. To confront Sol means she has potential power - so Ky makes sure she is well kept. Then, an emergency signal from Rome is heard throughout the whole ship. Ky is split off on ideas - the local army is already ahead taking refugees, but the rest of the Order is ill-prepared for the powerful Gears ahead until reinforcements come. And there is no one to watch over the citizens. Ky decides to allow volunteers to help the citizens, and even if no one offers, he would gladly go alone. Ky returns to I-No to tell her to evacuate immediately, but she refuses. She offers to fight, but not for the sake of Rome or the Order. Ky assumes she wants to work as compensation, but I-No also denies money. What does she want? She whispers to Ky, and is amused to see how red his cheeks become. If you want more hints, she said to "meet her in her room" when he's done. You know that means~ Ky, still flushed, leaves.
- A unit has been assembled, with everyone participating. Ky feels reluctant at this and rather wished no one offered, feeling angry at himself to telling them to "commit suicide". He shrugs it off, then moves to the center of the army. As a leader, he prepares a speech in front of the Holy Order, then addresses a move out.
- The battle isn't going very smoothly. Most of the troops are retreating, but Ky realizes that I-No is still in battle. Determined, and rather reckless, he orders everyone else to move on while he searches for her. He promises that if fifteen minutes pass and he hasn't found anyone, he will return. Ky rides off like a flash of lightning... Sol goes after him.
- Ky is gravely injured, but persists in fighting until five minutes are up. A large, Megadeath Gear blocks his path, and Ky knows fully well he can't deal with it alone. He charges for his Hi-Ougi and releases Spike Voltage... using all the energy he has left. Bleeding to the point of death, Ky collapses. Sol brushes off some Gears and finds Ky on the floor, trying to breath enough to survive. A very emotional scene occurs: Ky laughs at himself for never being able to defeat Sol... He is perfectly aware that he is going to die. Sol snaps at him to hang on and tries to make him believe he will still make it. The knight coughs out more blood, then begs Sol to follow his path - to become the danchou of the Order and save the world... something he was unable to do. Ky winces in pain and mutters... "If it's you... you can do..." before his eyes slowly close. Sol is stunned and tries to wake him up, but finding no movement. Sol screams out for Ky, mourning his death.
- Meanwhile, I-No cackles somewhere in amusement.
- 10 Years Later - Ky Kiske is... er, dead. Following his death, the rest of the world is going through chaos. "The last hope of mankind"... has failed. Sol has taken heed to Ky's last request, and became the leader, yet there is still no true victory since Ky's death. Meanwhile, the Jellyfish Pirates and Zepp have joined together with the Seikishidan to fight against Dizzy, whom is very vengeful after Justice's death - her mother. Testament serves under her. Johnny is dead, due to the Gears. Faust is still crazy as ever. And I-No finally discovers with That Man chained up, and releases him. He tells her all the spoiler-y info that we still don't know about for now. Whatever his plans are, I-No is interested entirely. But in order for his plans to be effective, certain changes must be made... directly followed after a certain blonde's death. I-No takes on the job, with her ability to time warp to change the past.
- Redo the battle of Rome (same dialogue and everything). But just when Ky is about to use the Spike Voltage, I-No appears from nowhere and destroys the enemy for him. Ky is shocked to see her alive, but before he could do anything, I-No gives him a farewell and departs. The memory of their encounter is erased. Ky is puzzled as Sol approaches him. Looking at the chaotic damage done by the boy, Sol is pretty awed of this "power". Though Ky has no clue why he is there, he assumes he had defeated the Gear. Yet somehow, Ky feels relieved and smiles at Sol (well, I'm assuming he did). "If you're here, I feel safe."
- 10 Years later - Part 2. Dizzy, the sweet innocent one we all know and love, is being harrassed by I-No. Ky heroically comes to her aid, full of confidence that God will save him. I-No is amused at this, and laughs. Unlike Ky, she still has her memories of her experience with him, and knew perfectly well that it was she who saved him. Ky is annoyed by her rude laughter and brandishes his Fuuraiken. Happy ending♥