&Tidbits; the little stuff
facts you don't know
- According for Overture, his last name is pronounced as "Keesk". However, the short anime trailer pronounces it as "Keese-kay".
- Some works translate his name as 'Kai'.
- Every member of the Seikishidan wears a belt engraved with an attribute of their choice. Ky chose 'Hope' after six members sacrificed themselves to save his life.
- Ky is often incorrectly believed to be the main character of the series. In fact, some English sites highlight him first before Sol. In truth, Sol is the real main protagonist, as stated in the Guilty Gear Bible.
- Though Ky's age is never confirmed, it is speculated that he should be in the older twenties, as it has been at least ten or so years since the Crusades, which he was still around his late teens when it ended.
- Ky is technically ambidextrous, as he positions the sword in both the right hand and left depending on his direction when starting the battle.
- Ky carries a golden cross inside of his shirt, which he pulls out in some initial battle stances.
- Ky is only two inches away from Sol's height.
- Ky is served by a secretary named Bernard, a rather old yet refined man. He is briefly pictured in the manga version, and acknowledged by Johnny in the first Drama CD. I assume that he slightly appeared in the official art of Ky's first ending in GGXX.
- The only recorded moment where we hear Ky laughing is at the end of Overture. His first genuine smile pictured was in Accent Core Plus, when with Dizzy.
- Ky is the second parent that is a playable character in the series, the first may or may not be Sol Badguy.